Recipe by WaterMelon
I usually serve this fluffy, fragrant rice with Malaysian chicken curry - absolute heaven!
Top Review by awalde
Tasty rice: I didn't have at home the pandang leaves, but I used 2 sweet basil and 3 curry leaves istead. I used water instead of chicken stock.
The roasted spices make this rice relly very special.
We had our nasi lemak with my recipe of "Recipe #440588".
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk (low fat)
- 5 pandan leaves (tied into a knot for easy removal)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup desiccated coconut (dried flaked coconut)
- 1 dash turmeric
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 dash chili flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine stock, coconut milk, pandan leaves, garlic powder and salt in a saucepan.
- Simmer over low heat.
- In the meantime dry fry dessicated coconut with the spices until lightly browned.
- I usually cook the rice with the stock in a rice cooker but you can cook it in the same saucepan (covered) for about 20 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- Add the dessicated coconut and mix well before serving.
- May serve with Malaysian Chicken Curry.