Recipe by Mrs Goodall
Adopted this recipe...original description is as follows...This is a lovely rice dish to serve with dinner. I would suggest pairing with a grilled asian chicken or pork dish. Recipe adapted from: The Tribeca Grill Cookbook
- 2 cups long-grain rice, well rinsed
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- lemongrass, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (use only the most tender part of the stalk)
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup toasted unsweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the rice, coconut milk, lemongrass, and salt and pepper to taste in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add enough water to allow the liquid to cover the rice by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil; cover, lower the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Transfer rice to a serving bowl and remove the pieces of lemongrass.
- Stir in the coconut flakes. Taste and, if necessary, adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve warm.