Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
A housekeeper at one of our community colleges shared this with me ... delicious! Warning: Don't eat too much; it's a little heavy on the tummy! Cook/Prep times are estimates.
- 5 1⁄2 cups mochi rice
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen coconut milk, thawed
- 1 (1 lb) package dark brown sugar
- banana leaf
- Rinse rice and cook in rice cooker.
- In a saucepan, combine coconut milk and 1 1/4 cups of the brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Wilt banana leaves over low heat on electric stove.
- Line a 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking pan.
- Preheat electric oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put cooked rice into a large bowl.
- Reserving 1/2 cup of the coconut milk mixture, stir remainder and remaining brown sugar evenly into the hot rice. Put into prepared pan.
- Top with the reserved 1/2 cup coconut milk mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then broil for five minutes to set topping.
- Cut into small pieces.
its so easy to make at the same time the taste is heavenly its truly a comfort food!!!