- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil, garlic an red pepper flakes, sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk.
- Give the rice a good stir and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once the rice begins to boil, lower the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Fluff with fork and stir in the black eyed peas and the cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.