Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicous Carribean twist to rice and beans. A Guy Fieri Food Network recipe.
Make and share this Coconut Rice and Peas recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil, garlic an red pepper flakes, sauté until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Add the chicken stock and coconut milk.
- Give the rice a good stir and bring to a gentle boil.
- Once the rice begins to boil, lower the heat and let simmer for about 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Fluff with fork and stir in the black eyed peas and the cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.