Recipe by beckas
This rice has a mild coconut flavor. I served it with Macadamia Nut Chicken Breasts #30291 and a Thai red curry sauce. It was a perfect combination.
Top Review by lets.eat
This was AWESOME!! Loved this special side dish, coconut milky flavor, the toasted coconut made this recipe outstanding. Served this with grilled fresh pineapple and grilled ham steaks. A meal to remember. Thank You!
- 236.59 ml long grain rice or 236.59 ml jasmine rice
- 473.18 ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 118.29 ml finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 inch peeled fresh ginger
- 3.69 ml salt
- chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil in a medium sized pot.
- Add the rice, ginger and salt.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While waiting, heat the shredded coconut in a skillet, toasting it lightly.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the rice has cooked for 20 minutes, fluff it with a fork and throw out the ginger root.
- Toss with toasted coconut.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro just before serving.