Top Review by sarah.haddox
This was really good. I did add more curry powder (maybe almost 2 tsp total), used 1 cup basmati rice, and added a bit of water. No salt or pepper needed. The only reason I didn't eat it all is because I did see the nutrition facts on the side of the coconut milk! A good compliment to my trader joe's jar of curry simmering sauce with white fish and zucchini. Loved it!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- to taste salt and black pepper, freshly ground (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and curry powder and saute for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Then, stir in the rice until coated with butter.
- Vigorously shake the can of coconut milk. Then, add the entire contents to the rice and stir until evenly blended. Increase heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until the coconut milk is absorbed. Add salt and pepper if you wish.
- This rice dish goes especially well with curries.