Recipe by awalde
If you like coconut rice, this is an easy way to prepare Samoan coconut rice. You can use leftover rice as well ! Posted for ZWT7.
Top Review by breezermom
I made this to go with Sticky Chicken Drumsticks made with hot chili sauce, and this was the perfect rice to contrast with the heat from the chicken. I used leftover rice, and the directions for using leftover rice worked out perfectly. Thanks for sharing! Made for Newest Tag.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the rice as usually.
- Join rice and cold water in a pot and bring to boil. At this point reduce the heat to minimum and leave to cook thghltly covered for about 15-20 minutes until rice is adsorbed and rice through.
- Turn off the heat.
- Now add coconut milk and salt and stir well. Let sit for other 15 minutes and serve.
- Note: For more coconut flavor, you can top it with roasted coconut or with fresh coconut.
- Note: Rice leftovers? Mix toghether cooked rice and coconut milk (1 cup coconut milk each 4 cups cooked rice), heat gently stirring continuously until hot, remove from heat and let sit 5 more minutes before severving.