Recipe by Scarlett516
A simple side dish that will transport you to the Caribbean.
Top Review by soulpererin
Made two batches of this dish for a few luaus we hosted over the weekend and it was quite popular. Everyone loved the sweetness of the coconut paired with the saltiness of the kalua pig we served alongside it. Some nice Korean BBQ sauce drizzled over the top of both, and it's a winner!
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups coconut milk, warmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the oil into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until it becomes translucent.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and rest, covered for about 10-15 minutes before serving.