Recipe by Sinosceptic
This is one of the best rice dishes I think I’ve ever had, the flavour from the coconut, chili & curry leaves is wonderful and goes very well with something like a fish curry, but will go almost any dish that needs rice.
- 500 g basmati rice, steamed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 10 curry leaves
- 50 g freshly grated coconut (unsweetened) or 50 g shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 green chili, thinly sliced on angle
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup picked fresh coriander (Cilantro)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a non stick pan and dry fry the coconut until golden brown.
- Then add the red onion and mix with the coconut.
- Add the chilli, curry leaves & mustard seed and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Microwave the rice for a minute and add to the mix incorporating all the ingredients.
- Finish with the coriander and the olive oil.
- Season with some fresh sea salt and serve.