This is one of the best rice dishes I think I’ve ever had, the flavour from the coconut, chili & curry leaves is wonderful and goes very well with something like a fish curry, but will go almost any dish that needs rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use a non stick pan and dry fry the coconut until golden brown.
- 2Then add the red onion and mix with the coconut.
- 3Add the chilli, curry leaves & mustard seed and cook for about 2 minutes.
- 4Microwave the rice for a minute and add to the mix incorporating all the ingredients.
- 5Finish with the coriander and the olive oil.
- 6Season with some fresh sea salt and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Rice
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.8
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: