- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced and peeled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (13 1/2-14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In dry pot over medium heat, cook coconut, stirring until lightly browned. Remove from pot. Set aside.
- In same pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add ginger, salt, and pepper' cook until softened. Add coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups water. Increase heat to high; boil.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 12-15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in peas and coconut flakes. Cover; let stand 5 minutes.