from "this can't be tofu!" by deborah madison.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small butternut squash
- 4 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, sliced
- 1 large lime, juice and zest of
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 -2 teaspoon thai red chili paste
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces coconut milk
- 1 (10 ounce) box silken tofu or 1 (10 ounce) box soft tofu
- 1peel squash with a vegetable peeler, halve and scoop out the seeds, then dice into 1/2-inch cubes. you should have 3-4 cups.
- 2warm oil in wide soup pot. add onion, squash, garlic, ginger, lime zest, and turmeric. cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes. add chili paste.
- 3add 1/2 cup water and scrape pot to dilute paste, then add broth and 1/2 tsp salt. bring to boil, then reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for 20 minutes. meanwhile, dice tofu into small cubes and prepare cilantro and basil.
- 4add coconut milk, followed by tofu. simmer until soup is hot again and tofu is heated, about 5 minutes. taste for salt, and add more if desired. add cilantro and basil, and squeeze juice from lime. serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Red Curry Soup With Butternut Squash and Lime
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 822.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 13.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red chili paste