Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Just found this on another site and tried it out today. Really a nice cookie full of flavors and textures! This recipe only made 19 cookies, so I would definitely recommend doubling.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and coconut.
- Mix butter and flour mixtures til a soft dough forms.
- Shape or scoop into 1" balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 12 minutes til just golden on the edges.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, confectioners sugar, milk and extract. Beat til smooth.
- Place a scant teaspoon of filling on one cookie bottom. Place a 1/2 teaspoons of raspberry preserves on top of filling. Place a second cookie on preserves, bottom down.
- Let sit to dry and serve.
- These freeze nicely.