Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
Just found this on another site and tried it out today. Really a nice cookie full of flavors and textures! This recipe only made 19 cookies, so I would definitely recommend doubling.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- raspberry preserves (seedless)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and coconut.
- Mix butter and flour mixtures til a soft dough forms.
- Shape or scoop into 1" balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten slightly and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 12 minutes til just golden on the edges.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, confectioners sugar, milk and extract. Beat til smooth.
- Place a scant teaspoon of filling on one cookie bottom. Place a 1/2 teaspoons of raspberry preserves on top of filling. Place a second cookie on preserves, bottom down.
- Let sit to dry and serve.
- These freeze nicely.