This is a really easy cake recipe. I little vanilla icing over the top makes it all the better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 300 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups caster sugar
- 1/4 cup finely grated lemon zest (from 3-4 lemons)
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1Grease and line a 28cm springform cake tin.
- 2Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- 3In a mixer, whisk the butter, sugar and lemon zest until pale and light.
- 4Add the eggs one by one, beating well after each is added.
- 5Sift the flour and baking powder and add to the butter mixture. Fold in the coconut and the sour cream.
- 6Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- 7Cool the cake completely and then store in an airtight container.
- 8Raspberry Syrup:.
- 9Combine the sugar, vanilla bean, lemon juice and water in a heavy-based sauce-pan. Over a high heat, bring to the boil without stirring.
- 10Continue to boil the sugar till the large bubbles have reduced to tiny bubbles (about 10 minutes). Add the raspberries and stir rapidly until combined. Bring the syrup back to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Allow the syrup to cool then pour into an airtight container until ready to use. Pour over the cake at the last minute.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut & Raspberry Syrup Cake
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.4
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 198.1 mg
- Sodium 194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 100.9 g
- Protein 7.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: