Recipe by Sage
Dulce de Coco - Brazil
Top Review by bigbadbrenda
This tastes nice and I have it cooling in the fridge for supper . I did take a dish out for me to try and its creamy. Breaking open a coconut was not the easiest of jobs and grating it.I had more coconut on the counter than in the bowl. Thanks Made fro ZWT4 for the Chic Chef.
- 3 cups shredded fresh coconut
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 dash salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat coconut, sugar, milk and salt to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir at least half of the hot mixture gradually into eggs.
- Blend into hot mixture in saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in raisins and rum.
- Serve warm or cold.