Recipe by SallyCooks
Recipe from the Whole Foods Coop. I thought the combination of coconut and pumpkin sounded scrumptious! I was right!
Top Review by heatherkay1970
This is SO yummy! I used lite coconut milk and didn't bother toasting the walnuts (too lazy), but it still turned out very well! And I only have one loaf pan, so made muffins as well. Great fall comfort food!! And SO easy!
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8" x 4" loaf pans.
- Combine flour, sugars, pumpkin, oil, coconut milk, baking soda, salt and spices. Mix well until blended. Fold in walnuts (and flaked coconut if you desire). Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven, cover tightly with foil and allow to steam 10 minutes. Remove foil and let cool on baking rack.