Coconut Pumpkin Lentil Stew
- Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a large saucepan, add the onion and saute until transparent.
- Add the garlic and ginger, sauté another 2 minutes until fragrant; lower heat and stir constantly to avoid burning.
- Add the spices and sauté for a minute more.
- Stir in the coconut milk, stock, lentils, and pumpkin puree.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for 40 to 50 minutes or until lentils are tender. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- Before serving, stir in the red curry paste if you are using it or adjust seasoning with black pepper. For a smoother stew, you can use an immersion blender. Garnish with fresh cilantro or thai basil, serve with crusty bread.