- 3 egg whites
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Place egg whites in top of double boiler and beat until stiff.
- Mix cornstarch with sugar and beat gradually into egg whites.
- Place over hot water and heat about 2 minutes,or until thick around edge.
- Remove from heat.
- Add salt,coconut and flavoring.
- Drop from teaspoons onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.