Recipe by Redsie
I just love the crunch and taste of coconut - and mixed with the salty pretzels - delicious!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
You definately need a sweet tooth for these, I think I might try reducing the corn syrup and/or the sugar slightly, great texture though and the crust baked out well, my sugar-loving DS and fiance enjoyed them with no complaints! thanks Reds!...Kitten:)
- 18 1⁄4 ounces dark fudge cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pretzel
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed pretzel
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips (or chocolate)
- 7 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 pan.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cake mix; mix at low speed until well blended. The mixture will be crumbly. Add pretzels and mix well. Press in bottom of pan. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, and 2 eggs; mix at low speed until well blended. Stir in remaining filling ingredients. Spoon evenly over partially baked crust.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown (center will not be set). Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars. Store in loosely covered container.