Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I just love the crunch and taste of coconut - and mixed with the salty pretzels - delicious!
Make and share this Coconut Pretzel Crunch Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces dark fudge cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pretzel
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed pretzel
- 3⁄4 cup butterscotch chips (or chocolate)
- 7 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a 13x9 pan.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and cake mix; mix at low speed until well blended. The mixture will be crumbly. Add pretzels and mix well. Press in bottom of pan. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup, and 2 eggs; mix at low speed until well blended. Stir in remaining filling ingredients. Spoon evenly over partially baked crust.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown (center will not be set). Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled. Cut into bars. Store in loosely covered container.
You definately need a sweet tooth for these, I think I might try reducing the corn syrup and/or the sugar slightly, great texture though and the crust baked out well, my sugar-loving DS and fiance enjoyed them with no complaints! thanks Reds!...Kitten:)
These were tasty! I was hoping for more of a salty-sweet combo though. Didn't get too much of the salty pretzel taste. Next time I would coarsely chop the pretzels for the filling, maybe add some more!
I was a little aprehensive about the crushed pretzels in this recipe [don't know why I should be since I LOVE dipping the buggers in chocolate/peanut butter dip!], but everything went well! VERY, VERY nice bars, & great tasting, too! Thanks for the recipe ~ will definitely keep it!