Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 mins
This serves 6 but I could happily eat them all and not have a guilty thought!
Make and share this Coconut Prawns recipe from Food.com.
- Shell and devein and butterfly prawns-leave the tail if possible.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs, milk and hot sauce.
- Combine flour, salt and sugar on a separate plate and put the coconut in a bowl.
- Dip each prawn in: flour mixture first, egg mixture second, coconut third.
- At this point they can be placed on waxed paper and refrigerated until ready to cook.
- OR Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat, and fry to golden on each side.
- Serve with warmed jalapeno pepper jelly or cocktail sauce.
Ok, I think we used the wrong kind of coconut because ours were a bit sweeter than I would have liked, but serving it with a couple of different hot sauces helped balance it out. Would definately make again as a main course too.
These were good - I liked them better with the jalepeno jelly than the coctail sauce.
Very good and easy to prepare.