Recipe by Chef Niki
This is a recipe that my husband & I came up with.We love coconut prawns so we decided to try them in a soft taco....oh my, these are good and a favorite of ours! The amount of oil and prawns depend on how many taco's you want to make. We usually fit 3 fairly large(31/40 size) prawns in each taco. The sauce is killer good :)
- oil (for frying)
- 31 -40 uncooked prawns (31-40 count)
- shredded coconut
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar
- flour tortilla
- shredded cabbage (we use the bagged variety)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, lime juice and equal or sugar. Stir and adjust taste to your liking. (Some like more lime while some prefer it to be sweeter.).
- Heat oil (medium heat) in frying pan. Clean/shell prawns.
- Dip prawns in flour followed by egg then into coconut. Fry till golden brown, drain on paper towel and keep warm till all prawns are cooked.
- Warm tortillas, then put some of the lime sauce on the tortilla, add 3-4 prawns and the shredded cabbage. Roll up and enjoy!
- These are really good the next day cold for a snack!