1/1 Photo of Coconut Prawn (Shrimp) Curry
A quick easy curry our son cooked for us
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 6 fresh curry leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large tomato, chopped (tinned is OK)
- 1 -2 red chile
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 kg large raw shrimp (shrimp)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1Heat the oil in a wok; add the mustard seeds and curry leaves then quickly add the onion. Cook for about 3 minutes until the onion starts to brown.
- 2Add the garlic, ginger, chili, tomato and turmeric. Continue to cook a few minutes more until soft.
- 3Add the masala and fry another half minute.
- 4Gradually add the cocnut milk and bring to a simmer.
- 5Turn the heat to medium and add the prawns: cook for about 2 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through.
- 6Season to taste with salt, serve in bowls with the coriander sprinkled over.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Prawn (Shrimp) Curry
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 1434.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: