1/1 Photo of Coconut Prawn (Shrimp) Curry
A quick easy curry our son cooked for us
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 6 fresh curry leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large tomato, chopped (tinned is OK)
- 1 -2 red chile
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 kg large raw shrimp (shrimp)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1Heat the oil in a wok; add the mustard seeds and curry leaves then quickly add the onion. Cook for about 3 minutes until the onion starts to brown.
- 2Add the garlic, ginger, chili, tomato and turmeric. Continue to cook a few minutes more until soft.
- 3Add the masala and fry another half minute.
- 4Gradually add the cocnut milk and bring to a simmer.
- 5Turn the heat to medium and add the prawns: cook for about 2 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through.
- 6Season to taste with salt, serve in bowls with the coriander sprinkled over.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Prawn (Shrimp) Curry
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 446.4
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 1434.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: