Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
A quick easy curry our son cooked for us
Make and share this Coconut Prawn (Shrimp) Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 6 fresh curry leaves
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped (tinned is OK)
- 1 -2 red chile
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 (400 ml) can coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 kg large raw shrimp (shrimp)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Heat the oil in a wok; add the mustard seeds and curry leaves then quickly add the onion. Cook for about 3 minutes until the onion starts to brown.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chili, tomato and turmeric. Continue to cook a few minutes more until soft.
- Add the masala and fry another half minute.
- Gradually add the cocnut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the prawns: cook for about 2 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt, serve in bowls with the coriander sprinkled over.
Excellent curry. I put chicken in too. Very nice, very easy and I had all ingredients except curry leaves.
Extremely good, enjoyed this for supper last night and cleverly made enough so that I could have it for lunch today! Easily prepared ... I used the tinned tomato option, its spicy but pleasantly so, my son enjoyed it and he is not a great curry lover. I prepared this while the rice cooked, everything came together perfectly, I had an excellent supper on the table within a half hour, what a pleasure. Thanks, Jan, for an excellent recipe!