Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coconut milk
- 2 cups shredded fresh coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine sugar,salt and coconut milk in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat,stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- Cover and continue to cook 2-3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from sides of pan.
- Uncover and cook without stirring until mixture reaches soft ball stage (234).
- Stir in coconut,return mixture to soft ball stage.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until mixture is creamy and begins to thicken.
- Working quickly,drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto wax paper,let cool.