Recipe by Buster's friend
A classic deep South confection. Make ONLY on a low humidity day. From The Times-Picayune.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups coconut, grated
- 1 cup coconut milk (regular whole milk OK)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar-coconut - milk in a heavy pot -bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil-stirring until the mixture comes to the soft-ball stage-about 239° degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat- add butter - beat until mixture begins to sugar.
- Drop in small mounds on wax paper.
- Cool - gently lift with a thin knife. Store in an airtight container.