1/5 Photos of Coconut Pound Cake (Using Coconut Milk)
1 hr 10 mins
I was looking online for a coconut pound cake that used coconut milk and came across one that was similar to the one that I wanted. However, I made quite a few changes and I believe that it has been perfected :-) This pound cake has a wonderfully rich coconut flavor b/c it uses coconut milk. The coconut milk and coconut are both un-sweetened, so you may add a little more sugar if you'd like, but this recipe is great even if you don't have a "sweet tooth". ADDITIONAL NOTES: After readin some of the reviews, I tried this same recipe and added a "Brown suger Toasted Coconut Glaze". It makes it even better. See below
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional Brown Sugar-Toasted Coconut Glaze
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- 2Greese and flour 1 loaf pan, set aside.
- 3In a mixing bowl, mix softened butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- 4In a seperate small bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder, and shredded coconut.
- 5Add eggs, one at a time into butter/sugar mixture. Mix well.
- 6Add vanilla, then add coconut milk, alternating with flour/coconut mixture (this will prevent lumps).
- 7Pour batter into loaf pan and bake for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- 8If you wish to use the glaze, heat a sauce pan to medium high heat, add butter and brown sugar. Stirring constantly, once brown sugar has dissolved add the toasted coconut, vanilla and if desired 2 TBSP coconut milk. Remove from heat and allow to slightly cool. Stir just before pouring over cooled cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Pound Cake (Using Coconut Milk)
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.7
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.0 g
- Cholesterol 150.2 mg
- Sodium 355.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 53.6 g
- Protein 7.6 g