1 hr 20 mins
Be sure to use fresh or unsweetened coconut (available from specialty of health-food store). If you use sweetened, grocery store variety, it will be too sweet. This is another favorite from Jr. League cookbook, "California Heritage Continues".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Butter and flour a 9-inch tube or Bundt cake pan.
- 3In medium bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl blend together egg yolks, butter and sugar.
- 6Beat until fluffy.
- 7Add the milk, baking powder, vanilla and flour.
- 8Beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- 9Stir in the coconut; then carefully fold in egg whites.
- 10Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 11Bake for 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 12Cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a serving plate to continue.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Pound Cake I
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 136.8 mg
- Sodium 117.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 40.7 g
- Protein 7.0 g