Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Be sure to use fresh or unsweetened coconut (available from specialty of health-food store). If you use sweetened, grocery store variety, it will be too sweet. This is another favorite from Jr. League cookbook, "California Heritage Continues".
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Butter and flour a 9-inch tube or Bundt cake pan.
- In medium bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl blend together egg yolks, butter and sugar.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add the milk, baking powder, vanilla and flour.
- Beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut; then carefully fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a serving plate to continue.
Great cake. Very easy to make using a blender.