Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is one of my Granny's old recipes. Moist, tender, and yummy coconut flavor.
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- In a mixing bowl, cream the margarine, shortening, and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating 2 minutes after each.
- Add flour alternately with milk; mix to combine.
- Stir in the flavorings and coconut until well mixed.
- Pour batter into a well greased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in a non-preheated oven at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
This is an easy cake to make. My whole family enjoyed it. It is moist, yummy and keeps well, for as long as it lasts!