Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My grandma used to make this. It brings back a lot of memories for me.
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 ounce imitation coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream together butter, crisco and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Add coconut flavoring and mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured tube pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.