Recipe by Sherrybeth
This is the cake that I won the State 4-H cookoff with 2 years in a row. Not sure why I'm posting coconut recipes, since I'm not a coconut fan, but I figured if I put it here, maybe I won't lose it again.
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 5 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and Crisco well.
- Add sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour and salt together and add this mixture, alternating with the coconut milk; ending with flour mixture.
- Add the coconut flavoring and the coconut.
- Pour the batter into a WELL greased and floured 10 inch tube pan and bake at 300°F for one hour. (I place a small pan of water in the bottom of my oven when baking pound cakes to keep them from cracking).