Recipe by ellie_
I thought this is a great way to use up the half a can of coconut milk that is left over from other recipes (only uses one cup of coconut milk). Recipe source: local newspaper
Top Review by ColCadsMom
What a wonderful coconut pound cake! It is not overpowering with coconut, but you can certainly taste it. I had light coconut milk, so that might have made a difference in the strenght of the flavor. My entire family thought it was delicious. It baked up beautifully, golden on the outside and dense, yet tender on the inside. Any time I have left over coconut milk I will make this cake. If I only have 1/2 cup, I will half the recipe and make it in a loaf pan. Thanks so much for a glorious dessert! Made for ZWT3.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 14 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl and electric beaters beat sugar and butter until light.
- Add eggs and mix until light and lemon colored (5 minutes).
- Add coconut milk, water and extract, mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients (flour - salt), mix well to combine.
- Continue beating on medium for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes and then remove cake from pan and finish cooling on rack.
- Delicious served with whipped cream and toasted coconut.