Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Rich, moist pound cake. Delicious plain or with a fresh fruit topping
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in extracts.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, then mix in flour.
- Fold in coconut gently with a spatula.
- Spoon evenly into a buttered loaf pan.
- Bake 1- 1 1/2 hours, or until lightly browned and tested comes out clean.