1/2 Photos of Coconut Pound Cake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Mark H.'s Note:
This recipe was given to me by an Irish lady at work. Very good and easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease a bundt cake pan or a 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- 3Cream together butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- 4Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one.
- 5In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking soda.
- 6Add sour cream, Coconut extract, and Rum extract to the sugar/butter/egg mixture and cream well.
- 7Add flour and baking soda and mix into a batter.
- 8Stir flaked coconut into the batter.
- 9Spoon batter into the greased pan.
- 10Bake at 350 for 1 1/4 hours or until toothpich inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Remove from oven and allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- 12While cake is cooling, make the syrup by combining the water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- 13Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 14Remove from heat and stir in Almond extract.
- 15Before removing cake from pan, brush about 1/3 of the warm syrup onto the cake bottom.
- 16Invert cake onto a serving plate and brush on the remaining syrup.
- 17Allow the cake to completely cool, then serve.
- 18Store leftovers in an air-tight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.3
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 87.7 mg
- Sodium 126.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 34.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g