Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. I love the flavor combination of potato and coconut and this recipe is so easy! The only thing you need to be careful about is the type of coconut milk you use. The fat content of coconut milk varies greatly among the different brands. Many brands, especially the "light" ones are simply watered down and if you use them in this recipe, the potatoes will come out watery and will lack flavor. It's best to use Goya or another brand that has about 4-5 grams of fat per ounce.
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first four ingredients and place in an 8x8 inch glass baking dish or a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until top is bubbly and golden brown.
Awesome. Great flavor. The addition of the coconut really adds to what typically is a simple side dish. It makes it seem special with very little effort. great recipe!
Wow, the coconut really gives this recipe a wonderful twist....five stars to this new addition to my favorites.