Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was in a box of loose recipes I'd cut out of magazines and newspapers. I'm posting it here so it won't get lost.UPDATE: Made these and they are delicious. I used the food processor to chop up pecans. I used coconut to thicken the batter so I could make them into balls and then roll them in coconut. I set the oven at 265° and baked for 30 min. I will bake for 25 min. next time so they will be softer.
- 236.59 ml dates, chopped
- 236.59 ml walnuts or 236.59 ml pecans, chopped
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1.23 ml vanilla
- coconut, to thicken
- Mix all ingredients except coconut.
- Thicken with coconut and roll into balls.
- Place on parchment paper or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cook 30 minutes in slow oven, 250°-275°.
- Makes approximately 18-20.