Recipe by CoffeeB
Feel free to use different cake mixes and pudding mixes per preference!! Delish--
Top Review by mersaydees
Wow! What a treat! This hit the spot today in our hot muggy weather! I made it as directed using Cool Whip Free, including the toasted coconut. BTW: I took out the frozen tub of Cool Whip at 7:00 AM before work, and it was perfectly defrosted in the 'fridge by 1:30 PM - serving time! Thanks, CoffeeB! Made for Vegetarian Recipe Swap.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 3 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 -8 ounce Cool Whip
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake according to package directions, adding poppy seeds and coconut extract if desired to batter.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread over the cake.
- Spread with CoolWhip.
- Sprinkle with coconut if desired.