Coconut Poke Cake
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
- Prepare and bake white cake mix according to package directions.
- Remove cake from oven.
- While still hot, using a utility fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together.
- Pour over the top of the still hot cake.
- Let cake cool completely then frost with the whipped topping and top with the flaked coconut.
- Keep cake refrigerated.
- Note: The only changes I made to this recipe were to add 4 egg whites instead of 3 to the cake mix.