Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A taste of the tropics in these cool sensations that pair pineapple with coconut pudding. A great freezer treat !! Cooking time is freezing time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened crushed canned pineapple
- 1 (6 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 14 plastic cups (3 ounces) or 14 popsicle molds, each (3 ounces)
- 14 popsicle sticks
- In a blender, combine milk,pineapple, pineapple juice, and extract. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl, and whisk in the pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour 1/4 cup into each cup or mol;d, and insert popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until firm.
Yummy! Use almond milk and add a drop of almond flavoring.
So easy and very tasty! I made them with a larger can of crushed pineapple (with juice), therefore I did not use the small amount of pineapple juice. I also substituted coconut cream pudding for the vanilla pudding called for in the recipe. Hopefully with practice getting the pops out of my new molds will become easy! This time it was a struggle, making the pops a bit ragged looking! Tagged under the 24-hour rule for Zaar Stars game ~ due Aug 14th, reviewed and reported to the game. Review updated and photo uploaded Aug 15th.
My grandkids loved these delicious frozen treats. The only change I made was to use instant coconut pudding mix. This is such a cool treat to make especially with these triple digit temps we are having this week. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag, June, 2012.