Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
From Martha Stewart Everday Magazine
Make and share this Coconut Pineapple Loaf Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for pan
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained well
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, tossing occasionally, 6-10 minutes; set aside. Butter and flour a 9 x 5" loaf pan; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Using electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and alternately add flour mixture in 3 parts and sour cream in 2, beginning with the flour mixture. Mix just until combined (do not overmix).
- Using rubber spatula, fold pineapple and 1 cup coconut into batter. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth top; sprinkle wiht remaining coconut. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 65-70 minutes (cover pan halfway thorugh). Let cake cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. To store, keep at room temperature, wrapped in plastic for up to 2 days.