Prep 4 hrs
Cook 10 mins
This was a recipe published in a 1977 paperback by Borden called "Introducing Cottage Cheese". The only change I made in the recipe was to use pineapple juice instead of water in the gelatin and to use flavored gelatin instead of unflavored.
- 2 (3 ounce) envelopes pineapple Jell-O
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- In a small saucepan, heat the pineapple juice and gelatin till gelatin dissolves.
- In a large bowl, mix the cottage cheese, coconut and condensed milk.
- Mix well.
- Stir in the gelatin.
- Pour into a lightly oiled gelatin mold.
- Chill 4 hours or till firm.
- Unmold and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers.