Prep 1 min
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
No knead, 1 rise. I have no clue where I got this cookbook but I like this recipe, thought I'd share. It's a batter bread so there's only 1 rise and no kneading. Prep time listed includes the rise time.
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar (I use light sometimes)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (for yeast, so NOT hot)
- 1 (4 ounce) package yeast (standard size)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted white flour
- In an 8x8x2 pan:.
- Melt the margarine, spread evenly the brown sugar, coconut and pineapple.
- Sit aside.
- Scald milk in saucepan.
- Stir in sugar, salt and shortening.
- Add lukewarm water into a bowl, sprinkle in yeast, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in lukewarm milk mixture.
- Add egg, vanilla and flour.
- Stir until well blended, about 1 minute. Turn batter into the prepared pan of the brown sugar mixture.
- Let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, approx 1 hour and 15m.
- Bake at 375 for about 35m.
- Turn out of pan immediately.
- Yummiest when it's warm.
- Substitute 2 peeled and sectioned oranges or mandarin oranges for the pineapple for an orange coffee cake.