Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this chicken. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in Taste Of Home Quick Cooking 2006.
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted, divided
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set the pineapple aside. In a large skillet, comnbine the cornstarch, sugar, broth, lemon juice, salt and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the chicken, green pepper, coconut, pineapple, 1/4 cup almonds and extract. Cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is heated through. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.