Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great light fluffy cake. Great for potluck or any event that you have to transport the cake
Make and share this Coconut-Pineapple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- flaked coconut
- make yellow cake mix according to directions on package.
- bake in 9x13 pan.
- cook undrained pineapple and sugar until sugar is well dissolved.
- cook vanilla pudding mix as directed on package.
- after baking cake, poke holes with handle of wooden spook into cake.
- pour pineapple mixture over top, then pudding.
- put whipped cream on top, sprinkle nuts and coconut.
- refrigerate overnight.
- Tastes even better two days later!
I have always liked this cake but have never been able to make one myself. This recipe was perfect. Will make many more.