Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a nice "tropical" flavored banana bread. Instead of walnuts, substitute chopped macadamias for a more tropical flavor.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 59.14 ml nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 226.79 g canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 118.29 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger in a bowl and stir with a whisk to combine.
- Set aside.
- Place sugar, oil, yogurt and eggs in mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add banana, vanilla and pineapple.
- Mix until blended.
- Add flour mixture and beat on low until just moist.
- Stir in walnuts and coconut.
- Put batter in loaf pan and bake 60-70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on wire rack.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
This bread is amazing!! Made as written except I used fat-free vanilla yogurt rather than the plain and it cooked up nicely in 58 minutes. Will be making often since I have lots of overly ripe bananas in the freezer. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag 5/2010.
Wow, is this ever wonderful, Mikekey! The flavours are so incredible, and so different than traditional banana bread! I had to sub light sour cream, as I had no yogurt on hand, and I used three bananas instead of two, as they were smaller than the size I'm used to. I think you can see in the picture that it is more moist because of that - and believe me, no one was complaining! I contemplated taking ProductOfTupelo's idea with a pineapple glaze, but this time I went without, and am thrilled to have used the left over pineapple in Smells Like Vacation! Oatmeal Cookies - cookies I highly recommend with the leftovers! Thanks, Mikekey, for sharing this delicous breakfast treat!
I added a pineapple/confec. sugar glaze while bread was still warm. AWESOME!