2 hrs 30 mins
This takes some time to toast the ingredients but it's worth it. I have a Zaar friend who loves coconut but needs to go easy on sugar. This one is for her... I think this may be easily tweaked to use artificial sweeteners instead of sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place graham cracker crumbs, pecans and coconut flakes on a cookie sheet.
- 3Place in oven for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- 4Remove the crumb mixture and let cool.
- 5In medium bowl, melt butter in microwave, about 30 seconds depending on your microwave.
- 6Add crumb mixture to butter and mix together well making sure butter is well incorporated.
- 7Pat down into a 9" pie pan.
- 8Filling: Beat egg whites until frothy; add salt and vinegar, and beat until stiff.
- 9Gradually add 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- 10Spread in crumb lined pie pan.
- 11Bake in slow oven (275 degrees) for 1 1/2 hours.
- 13Toast 1/2 cup coconut.
- 14Whip cream; fold in remaining 1/2 cup coconut, 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla.
- 15Arrange fruit slices on cooled meringue.
- 16Spread with whipped cream.
- 17Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Pie W/ Pecan Graham Crust
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.7
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 211.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g