Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
As the holidays approach, I am looking for more mixes to make as gifts. I am including the recipe, and some suggested uses. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
Ingredients for making the pie (to put on a recipe card)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Place all ingredients except the coconut in a medium bowl and blend with a wisk. Place this mixture into a small heavyweight plastic baggie. Label it "Dry Ingredients".
- Place coconut in another bag. Label it "Coconut Packet".
- Attach bags together and attach a recipe card with the ingredients above, and the instructions below on it.
- Making Coconut Pie (instructions for making pie to put on a recipe card) .
- Place eggs in a large bowl and beat lightly with a fork.
- Add "dry ingredients" from pie mix, water and cooled, melted buter to the eggs. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in "coconut packet" from pie mix.
- Place mixture in pie crust.
- Bake at 35 for 50-55 minutes. Cover pie with foil after the first 30 minutes to keep from overbrowning.