Given to me by my SIL, this recipe is so easy and makes its own crust, too! Everyone who like coconut loves it. This pie freezes well and makes nice holiday gifts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter together until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add milk, buttermilk, and lemon extract and beat until blended.
- Add flour and coconut and beat just until well mixed.
- Pour batter into two regular 9-inch pie pans or one deep dish 9-5/8-inch pie pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until crust forms on top, and pie is set in center and lightly browned on top.
- Cool and cut into slices.
- Serve at room temperature.