Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
If you like coconut you will like these.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups firm packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter in a medium mixing bowl, gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Press mixture evenly into a lightly greased 9-inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining sugar, flour and baking powder. Stir in beaten eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add coconut and pecans, stir well.
- Spread coconut mixture evenly over baked mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Cool and cut into 2 x 1 inch bars.
These may be small but they sure do pack a wollop! A little dab will do ya! ;) "These taste just like the icing on the top of a German chocolate cake"!, are the comments I heard while serving this dessert! I was told to make sure that this recipe stays at the top of my recipes to make again list! Thank you so much for posting this recipe! We surely will be having this one again, I am certain! :)
I don't know what I did wrong,but after creaming the butter and sugar together,I noticed that it wasn't something I could "press" into a pan,yet I carried on,and sure enough,the butter melted with the sugar and seperated.Since I had already made the filling,I carried on,after pouring out the butter,but retaining the sugar,and they turned out all right.Will not try these again.