Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
From my Auntie Ann. This is so yum with a creamy coconut taste and a cakey texture.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Beat eggs until thickened and slightly pale.
- Gradually add sugar.
- Add flour, baking powder, coconut, melted butter, and vanilla essence.
- Pour into a shallow, greased spring form baking dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven 35 to 45 minutes.