Recipe by CookingItUp
I got this from allrecipes.com and it turned out pretty great. Once I had the pie all set to go into the oven, I sprinkled about 1 cup more of coconut on top and then baked it all. This does make the pie VERY sweet so you may cut the sugar a bit. Very yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pastry shell and place into pie plate.
- In a large bowl, place milk, sugar, coconut, eggs, flour, butter and vanilla; stir until combined. Pour into prepared pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool to room temperature. Refrigerate leftovers.