Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
While living with my elderly grandparents, I tried my best to prepare things my grandfather would eat. Basically, he'd quit eating and just decided that he would give up on living. He loved sweet potatoes and I fixed them at least three times a week, trying out different ways to serve them. While rummaging through the cabinets, I came across a can of coconut pecan frosting usually used on a German Chocolate Cake. Since I didn't have a cake mix, I decided to try something a bit different. This is what the result was. Deeelish...and elegant enough for the fanciest dinner party or simple enough for Sunday dinner.
Top Review by rosslare
So good, brings the best out of the sweet potato and surprisingly, not too sweet at all. I used homemade coconut pecan frosting (1/4 of the recipe) from the same poster, Redneck Epicurean.
- 1 (16 ounce) can coconut pecan frosting
- 1 (18 ounce) can yams, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In an oven-safe casserole, place the potatoes in and dot with the cubes of butter.
- Microwave the frosting for approximately 30-45 seconds on med. power until easily stirred and is "goopy". Drizzle over potatoes and cover with foil.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until the potatoes are thoroughly heated.
- These will be VERY hot; let cool until just warm.